The MüB Miezo
The Miezo completes our Über-Compact range. 'Miezo' means 'half' in Maurizio's Southern Italian dialect and the Miezo is just that: two full octaves in half the scale length. Basically, think of the Miezo's zero fret as the 12th fret of a standard bass so standard tuning is one octave higher than your long scale bass. Miezo is designed to fit within airline size allowance for hand carry baggage and it comes with a slick, handy gig bag.
You can use your standard strings and clip the excess at the anchor behind the mini-headstock. And it's very easy to do.
Ergonomics. This is one of the features that sets the Miezo apart from competition, as it was designed to recreate the authentic feel of a standard bass. Full body size, contours, contact points, balance, left and right hand feel - either strapped on or sit, the Miezo instantly feels right. What works on your full scale bass works on your Miezo and vice versa. After all, the best instrument is one that adapts to the player and not the other way around.
Tone. The Miezo features a unique voice, with amazing resonance and bell-like clarity that's perfect for chords and arpeggio. The added string tightness also lends itself well to experimenting with open tuning and string gauge. You could drop the tuning by one whole step strings still feels tight enough.
Looks. When design focuses on human qualities, like ergonomics and playability, something beautiful happens: shapes become organic, look familiar, inviting, almost an extension of our body. This principle has guided our design this far. The Miezo is simply its latest incarnation.
MüB's own string anchor design is machined out of bell quality brass and it's the same we use on our high end headless Custom-Fit basses. Brass bridge and tuner are made in Germany by ETS.
All Miezo come with a magnetic cavity cover. All the keys you need are neatly stored inside the cavity - just like with every MüB.
Truly custom. Like every MüB, the Miezo can be had in virtually any configuration one can think of. There's no limit to how your own Miezo will sound, look and feel. And like every MüB, the Miezo is handmade by the same people, with the same tools, parts, materials, passion and creative drive.
For everyone. We pride ourselves for making some of the most affordable high-end custom basses out there. Our mission is to make the perfect bass for you. If you can't afford it, how is that perfect? So, with that in mind,
Starting price: 4 string USD480 - 5 string USD 550 - 6 string USD680 - 7 string and above add USD150 per string.
Specs are: 1 Bartolini single coil p-up, passive V, T; Body: Mahogany, Raintree; F/B: Ovangkol, maple, ironwood (only 4, 5).
Some of the available options:
- Fingerboard: Ebony, purpleheart, bloodwood, gredadillo, birdseye maple, pau ferro (and more) add USD 70+/- depending on grade.
- Top: adding a top starts at USD100 . Burls, ebonies and exhibition grade tops are priced individually. Miezo with top can be lightly chambered free of charge.
- Body: Walnut, Padauk, flamed Asian Mahogany (and more) start at USD100. White ash: USD50. Other woods are priced individually based on availability/market price.
- 3 Preamp (Bartolini, Nordstrand, Aguilar) USD280 including our super-slick shielding. (Other brands available. Please ask for a quote).
- Upgrade to Dual coil p-up $50
- Second p-up: $150.
- Coil tap for Dual/Single coil option, add USD50
- Piezo bridge and buffer.
- MüB-H Onboard headphone amp with aux-in jack USD160. (Includes battery kill-switch and LED, separate aux-in volume control)
- Onboard Octaver - depending on model. But we recommend using a proper pedal.
To place an order or discuss specs plese contact us at email@example.com. Or just send USD200 deposit by clicking this cute button right here. Thank you!
Please note: prices might go up without notice, due to increases on supply end. Prices do not include shipping or any import tax on your end. But you know that ;-)
Please refer to the main Price Page for more details.