top of page
'Miezo' means 'half' in Maurizio's Southern Italian dialect, and the Miezo is just that: half the size of a traditional bass. Two full octaves, starting from the 12th fret of a long scale bass, tuned accordingly. Travel instrument or a creative tool in your arsenal, Miezo just works.
One of the features that sets the Miezo apart is how it recreates the ergonomics of a standard bass. Body size, contours, contact points, balance: Miezo instantly feels right. What works on your full scale bass works on your Miezo and vice versa - seamlessly. Because the Miezo is designed with us bass players in mind. And, just like every MüB, it's made by the same people who make your custom MüB, with the same tools, parts, materials, passion, cult of personality and creative drive.
The Miezo is incredibly resonant, with bell-like clarity that's perfect for chords and arpeggio. Choose 16" for maximum portability. Go with 18" one for a more familiar string/fret feel, a more slap friendly instrument. They both fit inside the same airline friendly gig bag. String it with your preferred brand, clip the excess or with a set of MüB-E - our custom strings for low E tuning.
Pretty as it is, Miezo starts at a pretty price point too. We want to make it perfect for you. If you can't afford it, how is that perfect?
Miezo 16": 4 string USD790 - 5 string USD 890 - 6 string USD990 (extra string, USD150).
Miezo 18": 4 string USD950 - 5 string USD1050 - 6 string USD1200 (extra string, USD150) - The M18 features individual string bridge/tuner units. Custom spacing from 16mm to 19mm is free of charge.
Classic configuration: 1 Bartolini single coil p-up, passive V, T; Body: Nyatoh, Raintree; F/B (zero radius): Ovangkol, ironwood, kwila (only 4, 5).
ETS/MüB brass hardware. Custom string spacing from 16mm to 19mm free of charge. Hand rubbed finish.
Fingerboard: Ebony, purpleheart, bloodwood, padauk, birdseye/curly/flamed maple, pau ferro, zebrawood. Starting at $100.
- Body: Walnut, Padauk, flamed Nyatoh, Tiger Rengas, White ash, Starting at $100. Other woods are occasionally available.
- Adding a top starts at USD250. Burls, ebonies and exhibition grade tops are priced individually. Chambers are free of charge.
- Neck through construction: USD250.
- MüB-H onboard headphone amp with aux-in jack: USD250. (Includes battery switch and LED, separate aux-in volume control)
- Dual coil p-up upgrade: $100. Second p-up: $200. Coil tap: $100.
- Bartolini, Aguilar, Nordstrand preamp: 2 band a/p ($340); 3 band a/p, mid freq sw ($390).
- Solid color, transparent high gloss/satin lacquer finish +$150. Colur stain +$100.
- For more on p-ups, preamp, wiring, hardware, please visit the main Pricelist page.
For B1 tuning we recommend stringing your Miezo with a .105" string gauge. For tighter feel and piano-like tone, .115" will do. Please don't exceed recommended gauge as that might damage the instrument and void the warranty.
Feel free to contact us. Or just press this little button to send a deposit and we'll be in touch. Thank you!
bottom of page