The MüB Miezo
The Miezo completes our Über-Compact range. 'Miezo' means 'half' in Maurizio's Southern Italian dialect and the Miezo is just that: two full octaves in half the scale length. True to our design approach we have focused on ergonomics, with the goal of giving the Miezo the authentic feel of a full scale instrument.
MüB design pillars at work: ergonomics, playability, Either strapped on or sit, the Miezo instantly feels right. Full body size, contours, contact points, balance, strap pins placement, left and right hand feel - every detail feels just right. You will never need to find another position to play your favorite technique: what works on your full scale bass works on a Miezo and vice versa. That's true to our belief that the best instrument is the one that adapts to the player, and not the other way around. The Miezo weighs 6lbs or less in the 6 string configuration.
Tone. A MüB always sounds articulate, clear, detailed. That's the best platform to start shaping your tone, knowing that it will never sound muddy or brittle. That's true for the Miezo as well, even in its simplest configuration. And given the array of custom options available - from tone-woods to p-ups/electronics - there's virtually no limit to how your own Miezo will sound.
Looks. When design focuses on human qualities, like ergonomics and playability, something beautiful happens: shapes become organic, look familiar, inviting, almost an extension of our body. This principle has guided our design this far. The Miezo is simply its latest incarnation.
Truly custom. True to MüB's mission, the Miezo can be had in any configuration one can think of: any p-up brand, type and placement; anypre-amp - we work a lot with Bartolini, Nordstrand, Aguilar, but you're free to choose what works best for you. Passive, active, scale length, number of frets, radius, exotic woods, finish - the works! Most comes at to extra charge. Like every MüB, the Miezo is handmade by the same people, with the same tools, parts, materials, passion and creative drive.
For everyone. We pride ourselves for making some of the most affordable high end, hand-made custom basses out there. Our mission is to make the perfect bass for you. If you can't afford it, how is that perfect?
So, with that in mind,
Starting price - including, 1 single coil or split coil Bartolini p-up, passive V, T; Body: various species of Mahogany, ash. F/B: Ovangkol, maple, ironwood.
4 string USD480 - 5 string USD 550 - 6 string USD680 - 7 string and above add USD150 per string.
Some of the options:
- Ebony, purpleheart, bloodwood, gredadillo, birdseye maple, pau ferro (and more) fretboard, add USD 70+/- depending on grade.
- A top add USD100+/- . Burls, ebonies and exhibition grade tops are priced individually. Miezo with top can be had chambered free of charge.
- Walnut, Padauk, flamed Asian Mahogany and more: add USD100. Other woods are priced individually based on availability/market price.
- 3 Preamp (Bartolini, Nordstrand, Aguilar) USD280 including our super-slick shielding. Other brands available. Please ask for a quote.
- Dual coil p-up(s) - add p-up price difference. Coil tap for Dual/Single coil option, add USD50
- Piezo, oboard headphone preamp and other electronic gizmos are available. Please let us know what keeps you awake at night.
Lead time is minimum one month, depending on specs. To place an order or discuss specs you can contact us at email@example.com. Or just send USD200 deposit by clicking this cute button right here. Thank you!
ps: All Miezo come with a magnetic cavity cover. All the keys you need are neatly stored inside the cavity - just like with every MüB.