]'Miezo' means 'half' in Maurizio's Southern Italian dialect. That is, two full octaves in half the scale length, starting from the 12th fret of a long scale bass, and tuned accordingly. Be it your travel instrument or one more creative tool in your arsenal, Miezo just fits in - as it fits inside its hand-carry sized, slick gig bag.
Pretty as it is, Miezo starts at a pretty price point too: 4 string USD550 - 5 string USD 680 - 6 string USD780. Because we want to make the perfect instrument for you. If you can't afford it, how is that perfect?
Ergonomics. One of the features that sets the Miezo apart is how it recreates the authentic feel of a standard bass. Body size, contours, contact points, balance: Miezo instantly feels right. What works on your full scale bass works on your Miezo and vice versa - seamlessly.
Tone. Amazing resonance, bell-like clarity that's perfect for chords and arpeggio. String it with your preferred brand, clip the excess and you're good to go.
Looks. When design focuses on human qualities, like ergonomics and playability, something beautiful happens. This principle has guided our design this far. The Miezo is simply its latest incarnation. And it's handmade by the same people who make your custom MüB, with the same tools, parts, materials, passion cult of personality and creative drive you'll find in every MüB.
Truly custom. First and foremost, the Miezo is a MüB. As such, custom modifications are virtually endless. Here are some options:
- Fingerboard: Ebony, purpleheart, bloodwood, gredadillo, birdseye maple, pau ferro (and more) add USD 70+/- depending on grade.
- Top: adding a top starts at USD150. Burls, ebonies and exhibition grade tops are priced individually. Chambers are free of charge.
- Body: Walnut, Padauk ($150), flamed Nyatoh, Tiger Rengas ($100). White ash: USD70. Other woods are priced individually based on availability/market price.
- Neck through construction USD150.
- MüB-H Onboard headphone amp with aux-in jack USD180. (Includes battery kill-switch and LED, separate aux-in volume control)
For more on p-ups, preamp, wiring, hardware, please visit the main Pricelist page.
We recommend stringing your Miezo with .110/.095/.075/.060/.040/.030 or 025. A heavier gauge might damage the instrument and void the warranty. Shipping/import tax are not included. DHL to your door costs about $70 to $80 to North America/Europe (depending on weight/insurance). Less within SE Asia and Pacific. Please send your post code for a quote.
Feel free to contact us. Or just press this little button and we'll be in touch. Thank you!
Please note: prices might go up without notice, due to increases on supply end. Please refer to the main Price Page for more details.