The Miezo 18".
Just by looking at the M18 one can see the MüB mantra at work: Ergonomic Beauty. With a little design revolution we managed to fit two extra inches inside the very confined space airlines have given us. It might not seem like much, but thanks to it the M18 feels incredibly similar to playing a 34" scale bass - slap anyone? Try the M18!
Try different string gauge and tuning, discover different voices, each great in its own right. Higher string tension for sparkling chords, arpeggio; lower tension for a more throaty bass-like growl. You can use your standard strings and clip the excess at the anchor behind the mini headstock. Check this video to see how easy that is.
Starting price: 4 string USD730 - 5 string USD850 - 6 string USD970 (extra string, USD150) - and we have upgraded our bridge to individual string bridge/tuner units. Beside looking damn slick, it allows us to offer custom spacing from 16mm to 19mm without waiting time and free of charge. Yup.
Classic configuration: 1 Bartolini single coil p-up, passive V, T; Body: Nyatoh, Raintree; F/B: Ovangkol, ironwood, kwila (only 4, 5), maple (+$70 for satin or gloss lacquer finish).
Truly custom. First and foremost, the Miezo is a MüB. As such, custom modifications are virtually endless. Here are some of the countless options available:
- Fingerboard: Ebony, purpleheart, bloodwood, gredadillo, birdseye maple, pau ferro (and more) add USD 70+/- depending on grade.
- Top: adding a top starts at USD150. Burls, ebonies and exhibition grade tops are priced individually. Chambers are free of charge.
- Body: Walnut, Padauk ($150), flamed Nyatoh, Tiger Rengas ($100). White ash: USD70. Other woods are priced individually based on availability/market price.
- Neck through construction USD150.
- MüB-H Onboard headphone amp with aux-in jack USD180. (Includes battery kill-switch and LED, separate aux-in volume control)
For more on p-ups, preamp, wiring, hardware, please visit the main Pricelist page.
We recommend stringing your Miezo with .125/.110/.095/.075/.060/.040 or .035. A heavier gauge might damage the instrument and void the warranty. Shipping/import tax are not included. DHL to your door costs about $70 to $80 to North America/Europe (depending on weight/insurance). Less within SE Asia and Pacific. Please send your post code for a quote.
Feel free to contact us. Or just press this little button and we'll be in touch. Thank you!
Please note: prices might go up without notice, due to increases on supply end. Please refer to the main Price Page for more details.